Next step after we are done importing users is to Enable ActiveChgImp profile. This is how we do in IDM version 184.108.40.206:
Access OID administration tool as “orcladmin” super-user. Navigate to “Integration Server” -> “Configuration Set 1”. Select the import profile “ActiveChgImp” and click edit. This should display the profile attributes. Enable the profile and save the modified profile
But in IDM 1.4.2, here are the steps to follow:
Profiles are now managed with the Oracle Directory Integration and Provisioning Server Administration tool ...e.g.. dipassistant -gui
To incorporate these changes into the upgraded OID please do the following:
1. launch the admin tool (dipassistant -gui) and navigate to Connector Group Management and expand the tree. Notice that there are two entries:
2. Expand configset1 to see the old 10.1.4.1 synchronization profiles.
3. Since a 'profile group' must now be supplied when starting odisrv it is recommended to rename this 'configset' as it will become confusing when starting the server. To rename the profile group:
- highlight configset1 and right click the mouse, then select rename
Give it a new name, for instance: Group1 and click OK
4. The defaultgroup contains NO profiles after the upgrade so one may wish to (re)associate any profiles previously configured and enabled to become part of the default group. To do so:
- expand the Group1
- highlight the profile to be made part of default group, then click Dissociate Profile (you will be prompted to confirm, note that when confirmed it will disappear from the list)
- highlight the defaultgroup and click Associate Profile
- highlight the profile from the list and click Select (the new profile will now appear in the defaultgroup)
NOTE: One MUST always Dissociate a profile before Associating it with a new group.
5. Start the odisrv using the additional grpID flag: For example:
oidctl connect=orcl server=odisrv instance=2 configset=1 flags="host=jdsmith-us port=13060 grpid=defaultgroup debug=63" start
Check the logs under $ORACLE_HOME/ldap/odi/log directory for synchronization errors in “ActiveChgImp.trc” and “ActiveChgImp.aud”
Happy Troubleshooting !!!