Monday, March 3, 2008

Load Balancer - Issue accessing some pages

Today I come across with one wierd issue with my instance. We are using Apache level load balancer and my WF mailer was down. I was trying to get into that page and its taking long time to access WF component page. Or I would say its not allowing me to that. It never happened earlier. I checked with LB team too and they too were not able to find some solution.
Although I found the workaround to get rid of this issue. Just changed the name from load balancer name to actual host name like from oracle-lb to myhost. It worked !!! Althought I was not able to find the solution why it was not allowing us to go to only WF component page but found workaround to resolve the issue.

Happy Troubleshooting !!!

2 comments:

Vikram Das said...

Hi Sandeep,

Is it throwing any HTTP-503 in Apache log when you try to access URL through lb name ?

- Vikram

Sundeep Dubey said...

Hi Vikram,
No it doesn't show any error message in log file. moreover if keep on waiting it show DNS error

-Sundeep